Monday, January 2, 2012

Status Report

Today I've had a cup of organic green tea with lemon and honey. Other then that I've had a few glasses of water. No solid food. To my surprise, I'm not hungry and am glad I decided to make today my first fast. This will give my body a chance to catch up on processing all the foods I've eaten over the holidays. Tomorrow morning I will have the same cup of tea and around mid day I will break my fast with a small salad consisting of spinach, kale, brocolli, celery, onion, and cherry tomatoes.


One of the things I'm going to spend a lot of time on are bodyweight exercises. Especially in the beginning phases of this transformation. Todays workout consisted of 10 squats, 10 lunges, 10 pushups, repeated 3 times.

 There are a few areas where I have limited range of motion, due not only to skateboarding for so long, but also working in a call center for the past 3 years. These areas include my hips, ankles, lower back, and wrists. I'm going to note my progress in these areas as I progress in my bodyweight and strength training.

 Another change that I have been consciously incorporating for some time now is in regards to posture. For a very long time I was in the dark as to the effects of gravity and posture and how it relates to our overall health and well being. I feel I've already progressed immensely in this area, but have still got plenty of work to do. This is another reason why I've taken such a liking to yoga as it is very alignment oriented even in the simplest of poses.

My girlfriend(Allise), my mother, and myself are headed to Kims Healing Center to get massages this evening. We decided to get a massage for eachother for christmas, and split the cost of a massage for my mother as she has never had a professional massage.

That's it for now, I'll have an update tomorrow morning as to how my body is handling the fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment