Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sore

Really feeling the effects of last nights yoga session today. Even though I drank plenty of water yesterday before and after, my muscles are feeling pretty dehydrated/stiff. My upper back on my left side and both hamstrings specifically. Going to stretch out a bit and keep drinking a lot of water for the rest of the day. Had some brocolli, carrots and hummus a bit ago, and now I'm sipping some mint tea with honey.

Current mindstate: Feeling pretty good about the diet changes so far. Yes, it's only been a few days, but I feel like I'm really making the right decision for my body. I'm anxious to see the changes start to take effect, but realize that patience is the determining factor on how this all turns out. This weekend I'm going to develop a very specific workout plan to address my weaknesses and work on converting them into strengths. Ankles and core strength are going to be the focus for the first 6 weeks. At that point I'll reassess and see what needs to be the focus of my attention at that point.


for now i'll leave you with a zen quote to ponder, enjoy your day.

To be free from the passions
And to be calm,
This is the most excellent Way.

- Sutra of Forty Two Chapters

No comments:

Post a Comment